Business Development Lead (Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Business Development /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
As a Business Development Lead, you’ll be the face of Candidate Labs with prospective and active clients as you drive consultative discussions around hiring strategy for key roles with founders and C-Suite executives and bring on impactful engagements working with high-growth technology companies.
Our business development motion is a blend of deep-dive consultation and startup speed. You’ll be speaking with founders, CROs, CMOs, and other functional leaders across a series of high-paced, value-laden conversations as you qualify, advise, and land signed engagements. You’ll serve as a key partner to our team of Client Directors and Partners who execute our searches, and you’ll collaborate closely with fellow team members and our founders as we shape our process, strategy and offerings.
- Lead discovery calls with prospective and active clients on potential engagements
- Serve as a trusted advisor and consultative partner to founders and C-Suite executives at high-growth companies as you define and propose prospective engagements
- Own and exceed a performance target on signed engagement volume, ensuring our client team works on impactful searches with top-tier clients
- Maintain long-term nurturing relationships with prospective and existing clients, advising on hiring strategy and potential new roles on a regular basis
Experience, skills and aptitude we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience in sales or business development at a high-growth technology company or in professional services
- Track record of selling into high-growth technology companies at the founder or C-Suite level
- Background in highly consultative sales motions
Things that will give you an edge
- You are highly entrepreneurial and nimble, able to successfully drive a diverse set of projects at once
- You are knowledgeable on selling into go-to-market leadership at high-growth technology companies
- You have experience at an early-stage startup where processes and playbooks are being actively built, tested, and deployed
- You are highly proficient at utilizing a number of sales enablement technologies in your workflow, from sequencing to sales intelligence and CRMs
- You have experience with a fast-cycle sales motion of under 4 weeks
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.