Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack, React, Node | Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Engineering & Data /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
As a key member of the engineering team specializing in our Full-stack/Frontend technology stack, you will be creating delightful web experiences for our users (recruiters, candidates and clients). In this role, you will have a high degree of ownership and will partner closely with our Product Managers and Designers to create an execution plan and see it through all the way to delivering real value to our users.
- Build complex single page applications using cutting-edge frameworks and technologies usually found on full desktop applications
- Create software features that consume the output of machine learning models and participate in feedback cycles to improve model performance
- Make key technical decisions on our frontend architecture that will lay the foundation for scalability and expansion of our technology platform
- Ensure we continually deliver software at a fast pace, leveraging unit / integration testing and other CI / CD best practices to maintain a high level of quality and robustness
You may be a good fit if
- You have a strong empathy for users with an obsession to solve their problems
- You have built native apps using containers such as Ionic to leverage webapp technologies
- You are interested in contributing to our Node.js application backend for a full stack experience
- You can take a user story from database to browser with minimal technical guidance. Pure frontend specialization is okay with us, so long as there is a willingness to expand your skillset over time
- You are passionate about implementing state machines that drive asynchronous work patterns
- You are able to navigate (or are excited to learn) a wide variety of platforms, technologies, and programming paradigms including but not limited to: Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, serverless, stream processing, Presto, and Postgres
- 4+ years of product engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of web application design patterns
- Some experience with relational databases
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.