Senior Software Engineer (Data Pipelines, ML Ops | Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Engineering & Data /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
Our backend / data engineering team plays a key role in creating the technology to power the products that reshape the recruiting experience for candidates, employers and talent professionals. This is an opportunity to work on a platform that moves terabytes of data around efficiently, allows our data science team to execute their models, and provides our users with the right data, at the right time.
- Own the convergence of data between consuming data from outside data sources, application engineering and data science
- Build out the highly parallelized data pipelines that power the Candidate labs platform
- Design major software components, systems, and product features in a greenfield environment
- Instrument code to enable observability across many clusters of servers in our deployment allowing the team to quickly diagnose problems and ensure operating efficiency
- Ensure we can continually deliver software at a fast pace, leveraging unit / integration testing and other CI / CD best practices to maintain a high level of quality
You may be a good fit if
- You have a strong empathy for users with an obsession to solve their problems.
- You are able to navigate (or excited to learn) a wide variety of platforms / technologies / programming paradigms including but not limited to Node.js, Django, Docker & Kubernetes, GCP, stream processing, Presto, Postgres
- You have created ETL pipelines that are flexible enough business requirements can be added and iterated upon at a rapid cycle
- You are passionate about implementing state machines that drive asynchronous work patterns
- We currently have the ability to go from ML model inception to delivering outcomes in our UI in a short time frame, and you are motivated by the challenge of keeping that pace as we grow our company and engineering team.
- You are interested in acquiring new skills particularly in areas of Data Science including predictive modeling, data analysis using R, data collection for analytics.
- 5+ years of backend oriented or data engineering experience
- Expert knowledge relational databases patterns
- Has implemented both batch and stream based processing systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.