Client Director (Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Client Services /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
Our Client Directors drive a consultative search process with our clients, placing key individuals in highly impactful go-to-market roles. Typical positions you may work on range from founding Enterprise Account Executives to the first Head of Marketing at high-growth technology companies backed by top tier investors.
This role is equal parts search strategy and execution for clients. You will serve as a trusted advisor to hiring managers and founders and bring a data-driven approach to every step of the hiring process - from defining the role to mapping out the market. Internally, you'll serve as a trusted voice to our product team, sharing robust feedback and insights on your use of our proprietary technology and data platform.
- Lead client searches end-to-end, from kickoff and role definition to the successful placement
- Serve as a trusted advisor and consultant on search strategy for clients, helping shape client interview processes, role criteria, and compensation
- Partner with candidates and build strong relationships, serving as a coach and expert through the interview process
- Adopt and utilize the Candidate Labs technology platform for search execution, capturing insights and sharing feedback with our internal technology organization
Experience, skills, and aptitude we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a search professional with a demonstrated track record as a top producer at a search firm or in-house
- Track record of success in filling go-to-market roles (sales, customer success, marketing)
- Experience delivering for challenging hiring managers at high-growth companies
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-starter who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Tech-minded and entrepreneurial with a desire to be part of an early-stage, high-growth company
Things that will give you an edge
- Team management experience, ideally leading teams of 2+ search professionals in a direct reporting structure
- Experience working in an early-stage, fast-paced environment
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.