Post Closing Manager
Lindon, Utah /
Canopy Corporate – Post Closers /
Canopy Mortgage is an industry leader of low-cost online mortgage lending. Canopy has developed proprietary technology & systems that makes getting a mortgage both easier, and more affordable than ever before!
The post closing manager will be responsible for managing a team of post closers. This role ensures final documents are organized and involves a thorough checking and review of the loan application for completeness, accuracy, and integrity.
- Assist Post Closing to staff to ensure loans purchased by investors in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and manages daily work flow requirements in coordination with underwriting and the Operations Management.
- Manages reviews of closed loans and outstanding investor conditions.
- Coordinates with Operations Manager, Secondary and Underwriting to manage lock expiration, expiring documentation and any additional loan level conditions that may arise after the loan has closed that would impact salability of loans.
- Completing daily reports to give an overview of all outstanding loans that have not been purchased.
- Report to Warehouse Bank regarding any loans that are delayed in being purchased.
- Problem solving loans with investors to result in loans being purchased.
- Oversees communications to internal staff and external staff, verbally and in writing regarding status, issues or additional requirements for loans being purchased by investors.
- Identify trends that are causing investor suspenses and communicate with Operations, Underwriting and Closing.
- Responds to post closing purchase deficiencies, Government Insuring and QC reports within company set standards and implements additional training when applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years mortgage-related experience.
- 2-4 years loan closing and funding experience.
- Leadership ability
- Knowledge of loan documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with reading and interpreting insurance policies, tax information, prelims, appraisals and settlement statements.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Practices transparent communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.