Social Engagement Lead
Manila, Philippines /
Marketing – Community /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Social Engagement Lead drives brand to user and brand partnership engagements through proactive social media interactions, live event moderation, and community magic. You'll align and collaborate with Social Media and Brand teams, and set clear goals and measurements of success for the team of specialists you lead.
As part of the Marketing speciality, you continuously expand and evolves the social engagement strategy, and provides their technical expertise in:
- Defining and redefining team responsibilities according to business needs;
- Setting and prioritizing goals to contribute to broader marketing efforts; and
- Seek opportunities for upskilling and improving our team’s ways of working.
What you'll do
- Find opportunities and set team direction to elevate the brand and cultivate brand love through social media engagement
- Streamline team processes in support of these goals, bring clarity on the team’s priorities and responsibilities, and deliver impact
- Work with key partners to share valuable insights on key social media audiences, trends, and opportunities derived from social listening
- Coach direct and indirect reports and will look after growth and development opportunities for people within your team
- Experience coaching and leading a diverse and collaborative team
- A customer-centric approach and comprehensive understanding of target social media audiences and their needs; passionate about delivering value to our users and social media following
- Ability to collaborate with cross-function and cross-cultural teams; can build relationships and lead teams, partners, and other relevant collaborators
- Experience and ability to drive multiple projects from goal setting, to identifying measurable outcomes, to reporting
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to bring clarity to various teams, and adapt communication styles accordingly
About the team speciality
The Social Engagement team looks after day to day interactions with our users on social media. Through these interactions, we continuously seek opportunities to promote and elevate the brand, and cultivate CanvaLove. We relay insights and observations from social listening to influence moment marketing opportunities, and build surprise & delight for our users.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.