Mid Frontend Engineer - Product Growth
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
Engineering – Frontend /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Product Growth
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design, and we have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The Product Growth Super-Group is responsible for the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue. Product Growth is responsible for the end to end experience of these products; everything from crafting & building amazing product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more.
We strive to further grow these products by ten fold globally over the next few years. The Super-Group is made up of 5 Groups, 25 teams and almost 200 diverse Canvanauts who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and growth goals.
About the User Growth Group:
The User Growth group is on a mission to show the world the value of Canva. We are committed to driving impact on important statistics for acquisition, activation, retention, expansion and monetisation of our customers and teams. Key pillars that help us achieve our company goals. The Growth Group is focused on two critical missions: #1 Make sure users of our primary paid subscription (Canva's number one revenue driver) get the most out of their subscription. #2 Empower our users to collaborate and team up on Canva.
Our group works together in cross-functional teams to build growth experiments and features that highlight our values and build growth frameworks and tools to facilitate rapid development in this space. We partner with other product groups and teams, using our growth and experimentation engine to improve the impact of all the amazing features and bring as much value to our community as possible.
What you'll do:
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and efficiently conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Work collaboratively and advise leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock front-end works that help your group deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Communicate efficiently with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates varied perspectives to address technical issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and efficiently advocate for engineering needs to non-technical partners within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Sees opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieving our goals
- Work closely with Machine Learning engineers to build advanced personalisation experiments that empower our users to get the most out of Canva
- You will be at home working in our core technology environment - our core stack is TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- Experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience developing Java backend
- Experience developing mobile App
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.