Technical Business Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
IT – Business Systems /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
The Information Technology Group’s vision is to improve the potential of every Canvanaut through world class technology & service. Being part of the Technical Business Analysis team within Information Technology (“IT”) that drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. As a founding member of a rapidly expanding team you will aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting critical groups throughout the business.
As an expert Technical Business Analyst you will play a key role in developing the operational excellence of Canva IT. From problem definition and coming up with creative and innovative solutions to working with both business and technical colleagues to develop their skills and practices. You are passionate about using your making everything around you better
What you'll do:
- Partner with Business groups to understand their needs and challenges to deliver projects that will allow them to focus more on people and less on process
- Get to the core of problems to define unambiguous requirements and propose solutions that will address the root cause and not the symptoms
- Bring clarity to chaos by understanding and documenting processes in order to find opportunities for optimization
- Work closely with vendors to evaluate their offerings and ensure they will meet the requirements as Canva continues to scale
- Present your analysis and recommendations to key senior stakeholders and guide alignment on the best path forward
- Collaborate with members of the Information Technology team on the implementation and verification of requirements
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability working with Technology
- Deep experience in a role where analyzed, proposed and delivered projects that improved how the business worked
- Ability to coordinate groups and bring people together to make changes happen
- An eager learner who can pick up new skills quickly
- Experience gathering requirements and documenting processes while coordinating with cross-departmental and non technical teams
- An understanding of how systems can be used to improve delivery
- Passionate about helping other to achieve their goals
- Ability to translate business needs to technical team members and technical realities to business colleagues
- Able to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), Canva is growing, and we need you to help us navigate our way through different complexities as we continue to scale.
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered, and is having the best time.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You are solutions orientated but focus on strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- Able to work under pressure whilst keeping a calm demeanour, you can juggle multiple tasks, people and systems of varying complexities and deadlines.
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
If you join you'll get the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canvanauts
- Learn from and work with some of Canva’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product & growth professionals
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.