Portuguese Bilingual Customer Happiness Email & Chat Specialist
Manila, Philippines /
Customer Happiness – Customer Happiness /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
Canva’s Customer Happiness Team is the face of a platform used by millions of people every day. With over 60 million active users across 190 countries, the team's main goal to ensure that each and every customer achieves long-term satisfaction. We do this by means of authentic interaction with our users in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about Canva and its features. In short, customer happiness is what gets us up in the morning! Our aim is to provide top notch customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation.
About the Candidate
We’re looking for passionate people with a hunger to solve customer problems. Our Customer Happiness Specialists have a laser eye focus to detail, complemented by the ability put themselves in other people’s shoes. We need someone who loves challenges just as much as we do, and open and adaptable to a company as dynamic as Canva. Do you want to work within a cross-cultural, customer focused organisation? If your answer's yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Are you a fresh graduate? Have no fear! This role is also open to even the most junior candidates!
What you'll be doing
- Upholds Canva’s core customer service value of customer centricity in order to produce long-term customer loyalty and happiness.
- Paragons all things customer service for our global users through fast, upbeat, and genuine responses across the modalities of chat or email.
- Crafts accurate answers and solutions to customer queries, either under Accounts and Billing, Print Operations or Technical Support
- Orchestrates efficient and optimal customer communication across varying user touch points with our platform.
- Champions patience and empathy when engaging with users, coming from a desire to support them with their positive intentions.
- Collaborates within immediate teams, or other customer happiness verticals for cross-team projects and initiatives.
- Aligns with results-based performance; deeply understands prioritizing key performance indicators as an individual and as a team.
- Is an authentic Canva Ambassador, fully-equipped to represent Canva across both internal team communications and external customer engagement.
- Adapts to a 24/7 shifting schedule with an understanding of global customer support.
What we're looking for
- CEFR B2 level Portuguese or (verifiable) equivalent or higher
- Conversant to fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exposure to a customer service and customer centric environment
- A technical familiarity with spreadsheets, documents, and other materials used within collaborative online platforms
- Team-orientation; can deliver individual results through collaboration and with a team goal in mind
- Self-motivation for growth and learning; can proactively put themself outside of their comfort zone
- Adaptability and flexibility; can tackle blockers and challenges with an open mentality and "what-alternatives-do-I-have" demeanor
- Patience, empathy and integrity to complement our core values of Be a Good Human and Be a Force for Good
- Organized and efficient, particularly when it comes to handling volume-inclined workloads
- Amenability to 24/7 shifting schedules, including rotating shifts, weekday rest days and split offs
What will make you standout
- Direct customer service experience within email and chat support is a huge plus!
- Familiarity with online platform systems such as accounts, payments and operations will launch you forward.
- Online software expertise including web and mobile troubleshooting is definitely an advantage.
- Any additional experience with browser and operating system troubleshooting is much appreciated.
Canva is currently one of Australia's hottest technology startups and has been ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, "Being a force for good" means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that's good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together the diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.