Senior Product Manager - Accessibility
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
Product management – Product Management /
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Opportunity
We live in an exciting time, where digital technology unlocks many doors for people around the world. But at Canva, we recognise that it is our responsibility, as creators of digital products and content, to ensure that those doors are opened for everyone and not shut for some.
Accessibility is built into our mission to empower the world to design, which means we need to empower everyone. Canva is striving to be the most-accessible design tool in the world and help our global audience of >125M active users create more accessible content.
We recognise that Accessibility is a deep, complex problem on the cutting edge of modern web and mobile applications (hello AI). As the PM for Product Accessibility, you have a vital role to play in our company's mission and progress.
At the moment, this role is focused on
- Accelerating Canva's progress in creating accessible products and leading Canva into the next phase of our Accessibility journey
- Developing and leading the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the future of Product Accessibility at Canva
- Balancing your vision work with incremental improvements in products that deliver value to users
- Working with cross-functional team members across Canva gathering insights about current problems, and anticipating the future needs and opportunity areas for Accessibility.
- Measuring and communicating the success of product improvements and new features to the wider business, translating what is being built into tangible business outcomes.
You're probably a match if
- You have Product Management experience in building accessible products
- You enjoy getting into the technical details and user experience, and collaborate with your engineering and Product Design counterparts to ensure solutions deliver against business needs
- You are able to zoom out and use broader business context and external factors to advise your vision and strategy
- You are an exceptional communicator and can tailor how you speak about Accessibility when working across different teams and parts of the business
- You’re excited by the opportunity of driving cultural transformation while leading through influence
- You are passionate about ensuring that Canva is at the forefront of accessible products
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.