Senior Data Analyst - Content Strategy & Insights
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
Data – Data Analytics /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
At Canva, our mission is to empower the world to design, and we’re looking for insightful data analysts who can help us make that happen.
Our product has grown enormously in the last few years. We now have 10s of millions of users generating enormous quantities of data every single day. To help us fuel our future growth, we need to better understand our data - this is where we need your help.
About the team
Canva would not exist without content. Our templates, photos, fonts, stock media and more play a critical and pivotal role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Content has far reaching business impact and is a key driver of user acquisition, retention and revenue.
The content strategy & insights team’s mission is to build the most valuable & engaging content library in the world. We work collaboratively across the content & discovery group and other key partners, to identify & implement opportunities to drive user engagement through content.
About the role
As a Data Analyst in the Content Strategy, Insights & Investments group you will be responsible for creatively using data to answer key strategic questions that will have a real impact in the content experience at Canva. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is passionate about solving complex problems with data and technology.
This is a new group at Canva - so you will play a key role in building out the data approach, process & growth in this group.
What you will do (Responsibilities)
- Scope, analyze, and find solutions for key strategic questions & business opportunities in partnership with strategy & other key partners
- Derive actionable insights for strategic decision making to drive impact on Canva’s Foundational Goals through Content
- Share complex ideas simply to drive alignment with stakeholders, and organise a data strategy in your focus area.
- Find insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph
- Own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artifacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hypergrowth environment
- Use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
What we're looking for
- Experience partnering closely with key business partners (finance, product) to build out a strategy. Validating the strategy through running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
- You’re pro-active. you identify the opportunities where you can make the largest impact, and you see it through.
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R. Experience with very large data sets is a huge plus, but not required
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.