Product Designer (Senior/ Lead IC) - Revenue Platform
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia /
Design – Product Design /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we are yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the group you’ll be joining
The Revenue Platform Group is deeply rooted within the Product Growth Supergroup that is responsible for supercharging Canva’s product growth engine. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone, anywhere to experience the full value of Canva, be it through subscription management, seamless checkout journeys or localised payment experiences. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features.
This is an individual contributor role. We’re searching for a Product Designer who is comfortable working with business drivers, experienced in collaborating with product managers and engineering leads to drive prioritisation of the most impactful features and experiences.
We’ve recently reached the incredible milestone of 100 million MAUs - and we’re only 1% of the way there. There’s huge scope in this role to directly impact our foundational company goals as we work on realising Canva’s ambition of becoming the default visual communication platform for businesses and individuals.
You might come from a finance, fintech or e-commerce background, experienced in optimising conversion funnels and shaping levers for commercialisation. You’ll have direct influence on our approach to growth and monetisation, working with product leaders across the group to define, shape and deliver experiences for users across the world.
You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
Goals that you'll achieve
- Meeting teams and building up relationships within your team and different parts of the business
- Understanding the Canva product, our subscription plans (Canva Pro & Canva for Teams), how we approach unlocking revenue growth and our monetisation strategy
- Working with data and research to understand our users and identify opportunities for product improvements, particularly around conversion optimisation for paid products
- Empower anyone in the world to experience the full value of Canva by contributing to, refining and delivering Canva’s international monetising strategy around localised pricing, payments optimisation and localised payment experiences for developed and emerging markets
- Working with your team and across the Product Growth Supergroup to define how global optimisations can scale to accommodate localised experiences, maximising growth and Pro penetration opportunities for all markets
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.