Senior Analytics Engineer - Infrastructure (Open to remote across ANZ)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
Data – Data Analytics /
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
Infrastructure is a huge investment at Canva, consisting of Cloud Platforms, Developer Platforms, and Reliability Platforms that are used by all Canva engineers, and therefore crucial to the scaling of the organisation. As such, we’re looking to gain a better, data-driven understanding of how our users interact with our products.
Analytics Engineers in Infra apply software engineering best practices on a daily basis to create, maintain and operate data platforms that deliver data sets, from which we derive insights to ultimately improve the Infrastructure product offerings, thereby improving the efficiency and experience of all Canva engineers.
This is a very exciting opportunity - you will be joining a brand new team and the first of its kind! There is a huge opportunity to shape how analytics engineering is done in Infrastructure, and have a very broad impact!
Your team will work in collaboration with multiple teams and stakeholders to support their decision making process. This includes:
- Working alongside the teams and Product Managers to identify the product needs.
- Ensuring the right data is being collected and stored.
- Modelling the data appropriately Identifying and reporting back about patterns and trends.
- Building and maintaining dashboards for Infra teams.
- Helping improve data literacy within the Infra Supergroup.
- Apply software engineering practices to provide clean data sets from the data warehouse to end users.
- Work primarily with SQL and Python to automate and optimize data loading and transformation systems.
- Maintain, operate, and tune data infrastructure (Fivetran, Snowflake, Redshift, dbt, Looker, Mode Analytics, Census) at scale.
- Develop infrastructure, tools and scalable data ingestion, access and modeling frameworks to support Canva's use of the data warehouse.
- Design and build out analytic data models that support answering questions from our Infrastructure teams and company leaders.
- At least 2 years of recent experience building and managing large data platform environments in the cloud, AWS preferred.
- Experience with modern MPP cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery.
- Advanced SQL, Python coding, and data modelling skills.
- Experience working with event-oriented data sets of large size and diverse schemas.
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems.
- Familiarity with a wide set of data warehousing principles, including architecture, methodologies, schemas, performance/optimisation principles, and best practices.
- Curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Experience owning, tracking, and delivering goals, working both independently and in teams.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.