Group Product Lead (Canva API Platform) - remote
New Zealand /
Product management – Product Management /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Ecosystem Group
Canva’s Ecosystem Group was formed in 2021, unifying Canva’s developer ecosystem investments, to create an abundant (app and developer) ecosystem that tailors Canva for each user. Our aim is to build the world’s richest Ecosystem of apps and integrations for visual design and communications on Canva. We are building strategic integrations, developing a platform to enable apps with seamless workflows, and building an array of developer tools.
We are building out the next-generation developer platform, called the Canva API, to provide developers flexibility in creating innovative app experiences within Canva. We are already working with a number of third-party developers using the Canva API, and you will drive the future of this platform and the corresponding app ecosystem.
This role will work directly with the GM for Canva Ecosystem and the Ecosystem Engineering, Design, and Partnerships leadership team to ensure the success, growth, and adoption of the Canva API and associated ecosystem. You'll work with Engineering and Group leadership across Canva product teams to ensure close alignment between Canva API and the growth objectives of key existing and emerging products across Canva.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and lead the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the future of Canva API
- Partner with key members across Canva product teams to ensure close alignment between Canva API and the growth objectives of key existing and emerging products across Canva
- Build a highly aligned and collaborative PM team for Canva API and build an ecosystem of apps using these APIs
- Regularly review and update the vision and strategy for Canva API in collaboration with the cross-functional leadership team and in an open and inclusive manner
- Maintain a solid understanding of the end-to-end user experience across key user segments within the Ecosystem business and set priorities for delight
- Understand Ecosystem competitive position in major markets and ensure we maintain a strong position that aligns with our business principles
- Instill a culture of data-driven decision-making within the team
- Experience coaching Product Managers to shape and deliver product roadmaps
- Product Management experience of a software product (with platform or integrations experience a huge plus) launching and landing high-quality products
- Both passion for and experience shipping tools for developers. For example, you’ve shipped APIs, client libraries, and/or CLIs
- You understand more than just the fundamentals of good UX. You love Canva’s seamless and simple design, and are going to be ruthless in protecting that
- Experience working across all phases of the SDLC and understand both the excitement and challenges that developers face at each phase
- leads through influence, not necessarily through authority
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.