Community Manager - Russia
Marketing – Content /
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
* This is a 12 month contract for applicants based in Russia
About the team
The unique position you’re coming into is as a Community Manager within the Creators Team. This team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our template Creators and keep them engaged by creating high quality templates.
We are entering an exciting new phase for our Canva Marketplace, specifically template creation where we will enable designers, educators/teachers and NFPs to publish their own templates for the Canva community to use.
You are quick on your feet, patient, and community focused. Above all things, you love community and you understand what it is to be a true community. You are comfortable navigating around current and upcoming social media tools, and have the creative abilities to turn ideas into reality. You are driven and passionate about community, marketplaces, user engagement, and providing people with a positive and exciting community experience.
Last but not least, you are resourceful and a go-getter; you are comfortable with taking the initiative to surprise and delight our design community.
What you'll be doing
- Grow Canva Creators by identifying and recruiting prospective Creators;
- Engage the Canva Creators community in by creating relevant content and resources to support the community’s template production;
- Cultivate a sense of community amongst Creators, building a strong and passionate network of advocates for Canva Creators;
- Inspire and motivate Creators to empower them to design across different doctypes;
- Publish all important communication to the Community in your Community Room and localise the tone to ensure it resonates with the community;
- Gather feedback and liaise with your regional lead to build the next iterations for Canva Creators to ensure enthusiasm grows;
- Be responsible for end-to-end success of the Creators Community;
- Ensure a happy and healthy Creator community by escalating any issues;
- Be the architect of belonging by identifying ways to help Creators up the commitment curve
- Understand and build relationships with your community through 1:1s, surveys, webinars and social meetups (virtual due to COVID), and excite them by hosting competitions and other engaging activities
- Offer guidance and support to Creators by working cross-functionally with Product, Education, Customer Happiness Team, and Payments team
Experience you will need
- At least 3 years experience in organic / user generated content social media and community strategy and execution.
- Experience creating content for social media and communities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience managing large Facebook groups, ideally for a local brand
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them to create passionate communities
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- Your resume
- Previous work samples
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year.
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.