Operations Business Partner - 12 Month Parental Cover (IT)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
People – Leadership Operations /
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 3500 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where our Operational Business Partners come in. You will be working to build solid operational excellence and embed this in everything we do - steering Canva towards growth and success for years to come!
The mission of the Operational Business Partner is to support the IT group leadership, coordinate all team projects and drive them to unilateral success by coordinating and communicating between key project owners. Working with leadership, you will be the organiser and operational guru for the group.
Using your experience with program/project management, administration, and relationship-building this role will work with cross-functional teams and working groups to help Canva to achieve the level of operational efficiency, cooperation & collaboration that our front-line teams need to hit our goals.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll own all team operations end-to-end for the group
- You’ll communicate effectively to support teams: You are proactive in wrangling the group, facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and collaborators are up to date and working effectively. Ensuring the group adheres to best practices for communication, documentation & wider context sharing. Ensuring concerns are anticipated and raised early to appropriate owners in order to resolve issues that prevent progress.
- You’ll proactively drive initiatives forward: You will keep seasonal programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, raising issues as needed. Able to work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts and ensure they are able to be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the Glue of the Team: Coordinating events across the group, as well as wrangling representatives and content from the group for company wide events, coordinating and arranging celebrations & events for the team. You help us recognise the hard work of the group, and pull together amazing celebrations when we hit those Crazy Big Goals.
- Forecast and predict emerging opportunities: In time, and working with the Group Leadership you will forecast and anticipate emerging opportunities across the Group, and preemptively work on solutions, constantly looking for areas to improve.
What We’re Looking For
- Proven experience in a Events, Program or Project Management role, or similar within the start/ scale up tech environment.
- Experience prioritising, handling and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in an inclusive high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and an exceptional desire to uphold high standards of excellence with a bias for action.
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow an inaugural role to build out the specialty.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions.
- Able to build relationships and rapport fast and constantly expand internal networks.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.