Finance Enablement Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia /
Finance & Legal – Accounting /
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
About the team
The Finance Enablement team allows the Finance Team to deliver on its strategic priorities and Foundational Goals, and in doing so to scale day-to-day operations with the most efficient and effective processes. To achieve this the team runs, supports and maintains various initiatives across team strategy and planning, operational excellence and goal delivery.
As the Finance Enablement team continues to evolve to best cater to the Finance Team's needs, there is the opportunity to shape the growth and development of the function through the launching of new frameworks and application of best practice.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Enablement Lead, this role will ensure that business objectives are being met and delivered as part of key Finance projects. You will work closely with the teams to coordinate projects investigate current process design, provide analysis, as well as support the successful design and delivery of new and existing processes across Finance.
The role will have also require close partnership with our Finance IT team in crafting and delivering any system based solutions.
What you'll do
- Work with your Finance partners to understand business needs and translate them into functional requirements and process flows
- Identify root causes of issues and areas for operational improvement, acting as a Project Manager on various Finance initiatives
- Collaborate with Finance and IT in developing overall solution design
- Support the planning and execution of testing in conjunction with Finance SMEs and the IT Team
- Act as Change Manager across large initiatives. Create training documentation and provide training to process owners on new or changed processes/automations
- Develop, own and manage the Finance Team’s process and documentation repository
- Contribute to the overall maturity of the business unit, through development of tools, templates and the process analysis framework
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make decisions that support the growth of the company
We'd love it if you had
- Big 4 Finance Transformation and / or Project background, additional commercial experience would be beneficial
- Completed or are currently pursuing CA/CPA Qualification
- You will have knowledge and prior operational experience with Finance processes and systems. You demonstrate expertise in business process analysis and project management.
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean Six Sigma frameworks is favourable
- A track record of taking ownership and excellent collaboration skills, you will develop strong professional relationships, with your values and interpersonal approach being a metric of success for this role.
- An open and flexible approach showing adaptability with a self-starter attitude and initiative
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.