Quality Lead, Design & Digital Media Elements Review
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia /
Design – Design Review /
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
About Review Operations
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves ensuring that the thousands of new photos, graphics and videos that are uploaded to the Canva library every week, receive a quality assurance review and inspection.
It is critical that all the beautiful content that is being created and uploaded to Canva every single day by our teams, Creators and partners, is consistently reviewed and inspected for visual and technical quality. This is the cornerstone of providing a world class, safe Element library for all Canva users.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Quality Lead to guide all our Elements review efforts - someone with incredible organizational skills, a self-starter who loves responsibility and has a passion for operations and project management. This role allows the Review Operations Team to function smoothly and supports the Elements Quality Team in hitting their project goals efficiently and effectively.
If you’d love the opportunity to contribute to Canva, join us!
About the Role..
- As the Quality Lead for Elements Review, you will:
- Coach and lead a team of Reviewers who review photos, graphics, videos, stickers and other resources submitted to the Canva library, for their visual and technical quality;
- Forecast team capacity, define roles and responsibilities, hire, onboard and offboard Reviewers, where required;
- Ensure visual and technical quality for Canva’s Element library is exceptional and constantly improving;
- Own, develop and maintain visual and quality guidelines and standards for submissions to the Canva Element library;
- Provide expertise in content moderation and maintain high standards for safety and quality of the Canva Element library;
- Work closely with Creators and Visual Content teams to identify areas of opportunity for submission growth or improvement;
- Identify areas that require training, workshops and education for Creators and partners, to minimise rejections and improve overall quality of submissions;
- Support and empower the Review Team by providing knowledge sharing sessions (technical, learning related, soft skills related, etc) and assist Reviewers with troubleshooting and process issues;
- Provide performance reporting and metrics to the Element Review Team, sub-group and Super Group;
- Own the Review Operations Quality team roadmap and goal setting process;
- Liaise with Product and Engineering team to ensure review tooling and workflows are maintained and operating efficiently for scale;
- Work closely with Operations Lead for Review and Review Operations Leads to continuously improve the review process and help build a successful and efficient Review Operations Team.
You’ll love this job if …
- You are passionate about people leadership and are driven by setting up and leading high-performing teams
- You love operational challenges
- You obsess about organisation and efficiency
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
- You geek out about photography, design and digital media
- You are technically savvy and love to consume all forms of media and content
We’d love it if you …
- Have experience leading a large team; coaching, mentoring and training
- Efficiently deliver output, maintain cadences, and streamline processes
- Have great interpersonal skills and enjoy fostering relationships with creatives and support teams
- Have prior project management experience
- Have an eye for visual aesthetics and foundational design principles
- Possess exceptional organizational skills (self-organized) with a passion for improving systems and processes
- Have great attention to detail
- Have significant knowledge of design fundamentals (composition, color, style, etc.)
- Have a stylistic quality assurance approach and a keen understanding of what makes good content based on design fundamentals and principles
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.