Freelance Keyword Specialist
Manila, Philippines /
Freelance & Contract – Product management /
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we strive to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves ensuring that the thousands of new photos and graphics that are uploaded daily in our library have accurate and relevant metadata.
To support this goal, we are looking for Freelance Keyword Specialists who will ensure that all media are tagged with the correct metadata for users to find the right content they need.
What You’ll Do
- Assess media titles and edit them as needed
- Remove unnecessary keywords and choose the best tags to retain
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends per content type by doing online research
- Maintain a full understanding of content preferences, metadata guidelines, and policies specific to different topics
- Submit required output within the expected timeline
- Experience with keyword optimization and/or keyword research
- Background in copywriting or linguistics
- Communications or digital marketing background
- An excellent understanding of the English language, including a wide range of vocabulary, cultural references and concepts
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of design fundamentals (composition, color, design style, etc.)
- Preferably with high-speed internet and back-up Internet
- Registered with the BIR as an Independent Contractor and can issue Official Receipts for monthly payouts
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.