Freelance Graphic Designer - Video Templates (remote)
Manila, Philippines /
Freelance & Contract – Design /
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
The road to creating stunningly beautiful content begins with a single template, but the journey is made faster with the help of perfect and easily customisable designs that empower users to create the content they need. Canva’s templates team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our template library.
About the project
Our template library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful designs - so we’re after self-motivated designers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering a brief. You’ll be creating a multitude of Canva assets including logos, posters, videos, presentations, Instagram stories, social media content (video and static), book covers, banners (video and static) and editorial content.
We’re interested in engaging designers for 3 month initial period, with the opportunity of extending our relationship to ongoing, regular design work. Final designs will need to be submitted using Canva – all assets such as photos and illustrations will be provided by the Canva team. We will provide guidance and assistance on how to upload elements and create designs in our easy-to-use platform.
As a Freelance Designer for the Video squad, you will:
- Ensure the templates that we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability
- Create unique concepts for beautiful templates on various themes and topics
- Create design assets such as illustrations and design elements to make the templates shine
- Suggest fresh design styles and creative directions that suit our users’ needs
Experience you'll need
- Experience as a Graphic, Brand or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of digital and print marketing materials
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, colour, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Has a strong stylistic approach, and a strong foundation in what makes a good design
- Designs with the end user’s needs in mind
- Delivers great designs, on deadline and to brief
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your expected hourly rate
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.