Field Support Engineer
We have an immediate opening for an excellent Field Support Engineer with hands-on experience. In this role you will work with a small team of sales representatives, service agents, electrical, mechanical, software and robotics engineers in a fast-moving environment where you will have direct impact on our success. You will be resolving a wide range of customer-facing challenges, including best-in-class customer use and deployment as well as in-field process improvements. This is a role for a thoughtful problem solver with an excellent service and troubleshooting mindset as well as strong communication, documentation and analytical skills.
What does this job entail?
- Support customers through site visits, phone and email channels
- Manage support queue with urgency and professionalism
- Collect and organize customer statistics, issues, and ideas
- Provide feedback about issues in the field to internal product and quality teams
- Remotely monitor deployments and resolve issues
- Be an internal advocate for customers
- B.S. in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to travel up towards 50% of the time
- Passion for serving the customer
- 2+ years experience in customer-facing jobs
- Experience developing quality metrics
- Experience with electronics and programming
- You have made a big difference in how your previous peers or manager addressed an issue using data
Why work for Canvas?
We are a robotics company changing the way materials are moved. We have a driving passion for creating ground-breaking products and a crazy desire to have a big impact. Our environment is exciting, challenging, collaborative, and fun...and we’re building game-changing products. You’ll work with a tight-knit and highly creative team on state-of-the art solutions to real problems.
Our office is located in Boulder CO, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Many of us commute by bike and you’ll be a short distance from some of the best hiking, climbing and skiing in the U.S. Boulder offers a unique mix of outdoors, fine dining, microbrewing and much more. Plus, it’s just a happy place.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who love to build things and solve problems. If this is you, please send us your resume as well as photos, videos or descriptions of your past or current projects. We love seeing cool projects so don’t hold back!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, or other protected class.