Linux System Administrator
This is a chance to have a huge impact on our customers’ experience with one of the world’s most advanced autonomous robotic systems. To ensure we provide an exceptional experience for the long term we continually improve the software and service that both our autonomous vehicles and customers utilize.
We are looking for a bright mind to support our operations infrastructure, ensure flawless software deployment and deliver real-time monitoring and analytics.
- Coordinate system and software upgrades, implementations, and enhancements through proper change control.
- Support the IT infrastructure, including continuous integration, automated builds & deployment, and automated end-to-end testing.
- Create and utilize products, utilities, scripts, and tools to automate builds, deployment, and testing.
- Support application development teams throughout project life-cycles.
- Maintain development & testing environments and production-equivalent staging environments.
- Troubleshoot operational tests, releases, software defects, and other issues.
- Continually improve our monitoring and data analytics framework.
- Help create and support an on-call operation to monitor performance and support uptime, with the ability to respond after hours when needed.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Prior experience supporting a service where uptime is critical
- Very strong Linux experience with a knowledge of scripting languages (python, ruby, bash) - familiarity with C++ a plus
- Experience working with bare-metal servers and out-of-band management
- Relational Database (SQL) administration and/or integration experience
- Remote server management and deployment exposure (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Good understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP) and familiarity with security best practices (encryption, certificates, CAs, etc)
- Familiarity with modern web servers such as Nginx/Apache
Why work for Canvas?
We are a robotics company changing the way materials are moved. We have a driving passion for creating ground-breaking products and a crazy desire to have a big impact. Our environment is exciting, challenging, collaborative, and fun...and we’re building game-changing products. You’ll work with a tight-knit and highly creative team on state-of-the art solutions to real problems.
Our office is located in Boulder CO, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Many of us commute by bike and you’ll be a short distance from some of the best hiking, climbing and skiing in the U.S. Boulder offers a unique mix of outdoors, fine dining, microbrewing and much more. Plus, it’s just a happy place.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who love to build things and solve problems. If this is you, please send us your resume as well as photos, videos or descriptions of your past or current projects. We love seeing cool projects so don’t hold back!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, or other protected class.