San Francisco, CA
Product & Engineering
Canvas is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who is inspired by the challenge of creating new automation tools for the construction industry. We have built a new tool that protects workers and increases productivity. This position will be responsible for designing and fabricated new components and subsystems. You will work closely with our field operations team to understand their needs and constraints. Key to this position will be to be able to create quick protoypes and tests that enable you to evaluate the performance of the system quickly. In this role you will work with multiple disciplines to create the most advanced robotic system for the construction worker. We’re a series A funded small team with a great first platform which we are refining and expanding to advance its capabilities. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
- Design system components given broad requirements. Part of your job will be refining these requirements through testing, observation of use, and brainstorms.
- Fabricate and assemble prototypes of parts and sub-systems.
- Create tests for evaluating the performance of components. Execute these tests and collect thorough data of results.
- Work closely with our field team to collect feedback on the system and understand their needs.
- Communicate across multiple disciplines from business to software to create an integrated robotic system.
- Own design and fabrication tasks and create documentation of design to enable your design to be replicated and improved upon.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Experience in hardware development and deployment
- Comfortable using common shop tools to fabricate prototypes
- Proficient in Solidworks