Senior Mechanical Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering /
Canvas is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who is inspired by the challenge of creating new automation tools for the construction industry. We have built a new tool that protects workers and increases productivity. This position will be responsible for designing and fabricated new components and subsystems. You will work closely with our field operations team to understand their needs and constraints. Key to this position is someone that is highly detailed oriented and likes working on tracking BoMs and making product drawings also be to be able to create quick prototypes and tests that enable you to evaluate the performance of the system quickly. In this role you will work with multiple disciplines to create the most advanced robotic system for the construction worker. We’re a series A funded small team with a great first platform which we are refining and expanding to advance its capabilities. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
- Build and maintain system BoM's, Drawing packets for vendors and internal fabrication of parts.
- Design system components given broad requirements. Part of your job will be refining these requirements through testing, observation of use, and brainstorms.
- Create tests for evaluating the performance of components. Execute these tests and collect thorough data of results.
- Work closely with our field team to collect feedback on the system and understand their needs.
- Fabricate and assemble prototypes of parts and sub-systems.
- Communicate across multiple disciplines from business to software to create an integrated robotic system.
- Own design and fabrication tasks and create documentation of design to enable your design to be replicated and improved upon.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Experience in hardware development and deployment
- Comfortable using common shop tools to fabricate prototypes
- Proficient in Solidworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, socioeconomic background, disability status, and protected veteran status. Our team comes from very different backgrounds and we believe that our diversity is a major competitive advantage.