Senior Electrical Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering /
Canvas is bringing automation to the construction industry. Our mission is to leverage technology to empower current trade workers to be dramatically more productive and free from repetitive, physically taxing, and dangerous tasks. Our small but growing team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine and are now deploying on commercial job sites.
We need a skilled Electrical Engineer who is inspired by all the challenges that come along with iterating on a game changing tool. In this position you will design and oversee the design and manufacturing of the electrical system for our large and complex robotic systems. You will be in charge of designing, testing and iterating on existing and new electronics design as well as designing and optimizing for manufacturing the electronics system of our machines.
- Design of electrical systems: this involves selecting and integrating sensors, actuators, and safety mechanisms.
- Validate system performance through hands-on testing and troubleshooting for both the vehicle and the custom boards.
- Produce clear and practical electrical schematics.
- Design wiring harnesses and electrical enclosure layouts.
- Work closely with the mechanical and the software engineers to create the most advanced construction robotic systems.
- Oversee the fabrication of the electrical systems.
- 3+ years of experience in electrical system design or controls hardware, preferably in industrial or automotive.
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or related fields
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting electrical issues.
- Experience with power management and power budgets.
- Industry experience with PCB.
- Ability to create professional wiring diagrams, electrical schematics and panel layouts.
- Experience with vehicles, robotics, or mobile systems is a strong plus.