Construction Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA
We’re very different from most companies you’ll come across in construction and we hope that excites you. We’re a well-funded startup that's bringing automation to the construction industry by transforming a critical trade. We’ve spent the past two years engineering and developing our machines and now we’re gearing up to deploy them on commercial jobsites.
Based in San Francisco, we are looking for a highly adaptive candidate to grow and manage Canvas’ construction operations in the Bay Area. You will be responsible for building a cutting edge trade subcontracting business and leading the team that deploys our innovative machines in the field. Beyond that, you’ll be an integral part of the Canvas team, helping us to leverage our tools and data to make jobsites run more efficiently. The right person will help Canvas strike the right balance between trailblazing a new way of building and drawing from industry best practices.
If this sounds like you, we are excited to meet you. Join us in reshaping the construction industry.
- Building out, operationalizing, and growing a technology enabled trade subcontractor
- Ownership and responsibility for preconstruction, project execution, customer success, and the overall P&L of the business
- Hiring, developing, and retaining project staff
- Developing long-term strategy, business planning, and establishing processes and procedures
- Pioneering the use of innovative machines on jobsites and driving cost, schedule, and productivity savings
- Overseeing all projects at a high level from beginning to end
- 8+ years of commercial construction experience in project management and/or operations management
- Experience with commercial interiors or tenant improvements
- Advanced experience and knowledge of commercial construction contracts, estimating, cost control, project administration, safety requirements, and industry practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and client management skills
- Strong track record of leadership - experience building, mentoring, and motivating a team of direct reports
- Excitement for construction technology and a genuine desire to improve the way we build