Director of Marketing
San Francisco, CA /
Business Development /
At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways and our team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine we are now deploying on commercial job sites.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing to own our positioning and shape the Canvas narrative at the intersection of construction and robotics. As the first marketing hire at Canvas, your work will build awareness and drive demand for our product. As we grow, you will have the ability to expand and shape the marketing function for scaling.
What You'll Do
- Clearly define and articulate Canvas’s value proposition for our customers and prospects.
- Establish Canvas as a thought leader in the construction and robotics space through strategic PR and content marketing.
- Own brand awareness and demand generation objectives to meet Canvas’ aggressive revenue goals.
- Work collaboratively with sales, field operations, and product to develop materials that explain Canvas to our prospects, ranging from case studies to one-pagers and presentations.
- Develop targeted marketing strategies for our highest-value prospects.
- Own internal marketing efforts, including communication of our objectives, mission, products and services to Canvas employees.
- Work cross functionally with our design and engineering teams to relaunch and maintain corporate website in line with our brand strategy.
- Launch and own all corporate social media channels.
Who You Are
- Highly strategic, creatively minded, and results oriented marketer with a knack for positioning companies as leaders in their specific industries.
- Proven track record of creating successful client marketing, communication strategies, and presentations to support acquisition, implementation and retention.
- Experience building technology brands in traditional industries (construction, banking, automotive, real estate, agriculture).
- Ability to operate in a collaborative, fast-paced cross-functional environment - prior start-up experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to present complex material to customers, press, and other key stakeholders in a compelling way.
What You'll Get
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.