Frontend Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Product & Engineering
Canvas Construction is looking for a Founding FrontEnd Engineer, to build out the Canvas Cloud Platform. You will smoothly transition between User Experience, Visual Design and hands-on coding roles, to define, prototype and eventually build a highly responsive and interactive user interface for Canvas Cloud customers, This will include defining a clean frontend infrastructure and architecture, and creating front end components. You will work with end customers and incorporate feedback into the UI. You will work with other software teams to promote best-in-class software development practices. You will be open to understanding the unique challenges that robotics software teams face.
We’re a series A funded small team with a great first platform in our early stages of development. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
What you will do
- Create front end components for the Canvas Cloud Platform
- Build frontend Infrastructure and architecture for web apps
- Build a highly responsive & interactive product for tradespeople of the construction industry
- Build enterprise quality solutions with authentication, security, and privacy modules
- Set the bar for production quality software practices
- Work in teams to solve complex engineering problems
What we would like to see
- Strong knowledge of one of the modern JS frameworks (React, Vue, Angular2)
- Worked with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Worked with building single page application
- Previous Startup Experience is a big plus
Who you are
You are a Design savvy UI engineer, a nimble learner, a problem solver, adaptive to change, and work well with designers, product managers, engineers and technicians from different fields. You can deal with ambiguity and pivot with agility as the startup business demands. You respect others, and work well in a diverse and inclusive culture.