San Francisco, CA
Product & Engineering
Canvas is bringing automation to the construction industry. Our mission is to leverage technology to empower current trade workers to be dramatically more productive and free from repetitive, physically taxing, and dangerous tasks. Our small but growing team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine and are now deploying on commercial job sites. We need a skilled test technician to support and improve all the maintenance, operational, and experimental procedures that take place in the lab and feed into the system deployed in the field.
This is a dynamic role, with responsibilities ranging from building test fixtures and running maintenance programs, to basic data collection and analysis. You will touch many parts of the business as you work with our Process Development team to explore new materials and tools to improve our site process and workflow, and our Product Operations team to assist in machine maintenance and fleet management.
We are looking for someone who is methodical, organized, flexible, and most importantly, eager to learn. This is a role with the potential to grow in many directions, and will allow for learning opportunities in areas like mechanical systems, robotics, electrical systems, general machine maintenance, pneumatics, hydraulics, test design and data analysis.
- Perform weekly inspection and maintenance checklists on robotic systems and other industrial equipment
- Run tests and gather data with a variety of equipment and materials
- Develop and maintain an inventory of testing and maintenance consumables
- Build test fixtures and infrastructure for a variety of experiments - ex. end of robot arm tooling, environmental testing, sample storage, etc.
- Communicate across multiple disciplines from software to hardware to our field team to optimize robotic system
Background & Experience
- 2-4 years technical work experience, e.g. in an engineering lab or production environment
- Solid computer skills and experience with data entry (e.g. Excel, Gsuite)
- Comfortable with hand tools / general machine shop tools
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write clear test reports and present results
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and quickly switch contexts
- Sharp organizational skills, methodical work habits, and a dedication to processes
- Experience with one of the following: Running, maintaining, and improving test procedures, including knowledge of measurement devices such as calipers, micrometers, pressure gauges, thermocouples, multimeters OR Running maintenance program and inspections on industrial equipment and troubleshoot and resolve basic equipment malfunctions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, socioeconomic background, disability status, and protected veteran status. Our team comes from very different backgrounds and we believe that our diversity is a major competitive advantage.