San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering /
At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways and our team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine we are now deploying on commercial job sites.
As a UX/UI Manager at Canvas, you will be responsible for managing our UI/UX team in a dynamic and fast-paced culture. We are building an ambitious product that involves R&D in different engineering fields, therefore cross-functional team collaboration and tight project deadlines are crucial to our success. You are expected to learn and understand the interdependency of our product and help design and manage the user experience and user interface for both our product and our internal tools. This job will require you to be highly organized and communicative, to manage the design team that needs to navigate the constant overflow of requests, bug reports, and feature requirements.
We are a Series B startup, and this position will not only have a lot of impact on our product but also on our culture. There is tremendous room for growth and we are looking for someone who is methodical, organized, flexible, and most importantly, eager to learn.
What You’ll Do
- Balance product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy.
- Manage a team of UI developer, Dev Ops and robotic engineers to design, build, test and validate our next UI.
- Effectively work across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work using tools like Jira and Agile development
- Gain experience working on a product from inception to shipment.
Who You Are
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of UX/UI development in an early-stage tech startup
- Experience in dealing with a complex hardware product
- Strong communication and documentation
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples
Nice to have
- Software/hardware engineering experience
- Software development experience in NodeJS and/or React.
- Robotics/HRI experience
- Experience with JIRA would be a plus
- BS/MS in an engineering field
What you’ll get
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.