Backend Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Product & Engineering
Canvas Construction is looking for a Founding Software Engineer, to build out the Canvas Cloud Platform. You will smoothly transition between product management, systems design and hands-on coding roles, to define, prototype and eventually build a highly scalable, low latency, real-time micro-services based cloud platform. This will include defining APIs for ingesting high volume robotics sensor data and providing insights to web and mobile applications. You will work with other software teams to promote best-in-class software development practices. You will be open to understanding the unique challenges that robotics software teams face.
We’re a series A funded small team with a great first platform in our early stages of development. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
What you will do
- System Design of the Canvas Cloud Platform
- Design Canvas Cloud API
- Build a highly scalable, low latency, real-time microservices based cloud platform
- Build enterprise quality solutions with authentication, security, and privacy modules
- Set the bar for production quality software practices
- Work in teams to solve complex engineering problems
What we would like to see
- Proven track record of writing production quality code in a programming language like Go, Java, Python, C++
- 2 ~ 3 years experience building highly scalable cloud systems
- Worked with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Worked with at least one major cloud platform AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Worked with building ingestion services for high volume, high velocity data
- Worked with streaming architectures like Kafka, Kinesis, queuing services, caches
- Previous Founding Engineer is a big plus
Who you are
You are a Product Management savvy software engineer, a nimble learner, a problem solver, adaptive to change, and work well with engineers and technicians from different fields. You can deal with ambiguity and pivot with agility as the startup business demands. You respect others, and work well in a diverse and inclusive culture.