Process Test Engineer (Hardware)
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering /
Canvas is bringing automation to the construction industry. Our mission is to leverage technology to empower current trade workers to be dramatically more productive and free from repetitive, physically taxing, and dangerous tasks. Our small but growing team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine and are now deploying on commercial job sites. We need a skilled process test engineer who is inspired by all the challenges that come along with iterating on a game changing tool.
As a member of the process development team, you will help to develop the tests and metrics necessary to evaluate the Canvas process in lab and on-site. You will assist in the design and execution of these tests, and partner with the field operations team to understand the evaluation criteria that is driving the task. We are a small Series A startup, and this position will not only have a lot of impact on our processes, but also on our culture. There is tremendous room for growth and we are looking for someone who is methodical, organized, flexible, and most importantly, eager to learn.
- Develop test strategy and procedures for the Canvas surface treatment process.
- Collect and analyze data to create process models and optimize processes and increase productivity
- Collaborate across teams to test and validate new tools and features
- Hit timelines and tractable milestones for tests and new features
- Collect system data and feedback from the field operations team to improve processes and increase productivity.
- Research and prototype the next generation use cases for the system.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related field
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in test design and process modeling
- Experience with data analysis and documentation
- Hands-on mentality and comfort / familiarity with simple hand tools
- Organizational mindset and detail-oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently and to use cross functional resources efficiently, effectively and collaboratively to achieve the best results in the available time.
This position requires work on-site at our San Francisco facility.