Robotic Project Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering /
About the job
Canvas is bringing automation to the construction industry. Our mission is to leverage technology to empower current trade workers to be dramatically more productive and free from repetitive, physically taxing, and dangerous tasks. Our small but growing team has spent the past two years of engineering and developing a brand new type of machine and are now deploying on commercial job sites.
As a Project Manager at Canvas, you will be responsible for organizing and managing various engineering projects in a dynamic and fast-paced culture. We are building an ambitious product that involves R&D in different engineering fields, therefore cross-functional team collaboration and tight project deadlines are crucial to our success. You are expected to learn and understand the interdependency of various engineering tasks, help engineers plan better, keep track of progress, and ship a high-quality product on time. This job will require you to be highly organized and communicative, to help the engineering team navigate the constant overflow of bug reports and feature requirements, as well as to help executives understand at a high-level the resource, risk, and efficiency tradeoffs.
We are a growing startup, and this position will not only have a lot of impact on our processes but also on our culture. There is tremendous room for growth and we are looking for someone who is methodical, organized, flexible, and most importantly, eager to learn.
- BS/MS in an engineering field
- 2+ years of project management experiences in an early-stage tech startup
- Experience in dealing with a complex hardware product
- Strong communication and documentation
- Organize bugs, feature requests, and customer feedback, to help the engineering team better understand product quality and priority.
- Organize and manage complex projects that involve multiple teams and tight deadlines, to help the engineering team coordinate resources, stay focused, and execute efficiently.
- Schedule project timelines so the teams can be successful based upon the project milestones and delivery dates.
- Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Communicate weekly status updates and timelines.
- Help implement high-level engineering process/efficiency improvement, including JIRA workflow setup, bugs/issues reporting, and triage.
Nice to have
- Software/hardware engineering experience
- Robotics/HRI experience