San Francisco, CA /
At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways and our team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine we are now deploying on commercial job sites.
We need a curious and detail oriented Financial Analyst to help us grow our Finance function at Canvas. This role will be the second full-time finance hire at Canvas and will report into the Director of Finance. As part of a small and growing team, your work will have a direct impact on our finance strategy and will work cross functionally to instill trust in the financial process across the organization.
What You'll Do
- Help create monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages.
- Provide insight and analysis into the operating results of the company along with progress made towards KPIs.
- Maintain and update detailed financial models.
- Support the month-end closing process including account reconciliations and financial statement preparation and budget to actual variance analysis.
- Collaborate and partner across all departments (sales, field operations, product & technology, people operations) to develop accurate forecasts and enhance a culture of financial transparency and collaboration.
- Build out strong finance and accounting policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Relevant experience working in public / private accounting or comparable experience working in finance / FP&A.
- Experienced financial modeler.
- A spreadsheet wizard who understands how to work with large and complex data sets.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles
- Self-motivated and willing to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced growing tech startup environment.
- Construction and robotics industry experience is a huge plus.
- CPA a plus
What You'll Get
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a fast paced startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental.
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots.
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.