San Francisco, CA
Canvas is looking for an Office Manager who is inspired by the challenge of creating new automation tools for the construction industry. It is our mission to improve the quality and affordability of the places where we live, work, sleep, and play, while simultaneously improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. We are creating a new class of machine for construction that empowers the current workforce to be dramatically more productive and free from repetitive, physically taxing, and dangerous tasks.
Based in San Francisco, we are looking for our first Office Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our office and help create an amazing experience for our rapidly growing team. The ideal candidate will be excited to wear many hats in a hybrid role that will touch on office management, recruiting, people operations and even some accounting! We’re Series A funded company with a small, but growing team and a great first platform in our early stages of development. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
- Supporting recruiting and hiring efforts by managing our applicant tracking system, including helping to maximize functionality and workflow
- Conducting on-boarding procedures such as new hire orientations, training, and benefit administration.
- Ensuring adherence to existing HR policies and helping to develop or refine policies to ensure the company meets all legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Liaise with office maintenance vendors, evaluate performance quality and arrange necessary repairs and projects.
- Serve as point of contact for all office administrative functions including supplies, pantry stocking, repairs, equipment and other events as they come up.
- Some light accounting and bookkeeping.
- Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations you will assist with various other company initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years experience
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Proficient in G-Suite and MS Office
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing and dynamic setting
- Belief that no job is too small to accomplish team goals