Software Support Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Customer Support /
Canvas Medical is the electronic medical records (EMR) and payments development platform for healthcare. We build modern, elegant front- and back-end tooling to enable new ways for developers and clinicians to collaborate to solve healthcare’s toughest challenges. Canvas is institutionally backed by some of the greatest technology investors in the world (funded notable health tech companies such as GoodRx, Oscar Health, and Hims & Hers Health).
As a member of the Customer Support team, you will be responsible for setting our customers up for success and advocating for their needs to your Canvas team members. You will provide trustworthy answers to product questions, deliver best-in-class customer service, and contribute to educational content. If you love communicating and providing excellent customer service, you thrive in fast-paced environments, and embrace the flexibility of a startup, we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as a first point of contact for complex technical issues reported by customers
- Act as point of escalation for technical issues reported by our customers' engineering teams
- Work collaboratively with your Support colleagues to ensure timely responses to customer questions with meaningful answers and top notch support
- Regularly troubleshoot and update internal documentation relative to SDK and API inquiries
- Configure Canvas 3rd party products based on customer needs; such as lab integration and electronic prescribing setup
- Identify and test product issues and effectively and communicate with Engineering and Product teams as necessary
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues independently
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Canvas’ software products and services
- Recommend product improvements based on daily customer interactions
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology
- 1-2+ years of experience as a Developer Support Engineer
- Strong technical software-related troubleshooting experience
- Experience troubleshooting web applications using Python and Django
- Experience building & troubleshooting web applications using external SDKs and APIs
- Customer Obsession - providing excellent customer service is part of your DNA
- Strong listener with deep empathy for healthcare workers & providers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with EHR workflows is a plus
Location - This is a remote position that can be performed in Pacific or Mountain time zones.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $100,000 - $115,000 for employees based in San Francisco. This position also is eligible for benefits and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience and geographic location.
We are a fully remote, distributed team. We encourage people to do their work when and where they perform at their best. Because of this structure, strong written communication skills, time management skills, and personal accountability are very important to us.
Employee benefits offered:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Package
- Health Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible/unlimited PTO
- Paid Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Canvas Medical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.