Accounts Payable Specialist
Playa Vista, CA
Finance – AP /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
This position is essential to the day-to-day function of the finance group and requires an individual that has the ability to prioritize while thriving in a team-based, fast paced and detail-oriented environment. A successful Accounts Payable Specialist is resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate beyond what is required.
- Communicate via both phone and email with vendors, buyers and senior level management. Act as the primary point of contact for all payment inquiries, ensuring response within 48 hours of receipt.
- Review and perform weekly download of processed invoices across various Media into the financials system.
- Liaison with Billing and Operations to resolve any discrepancies or errors in daily downloads.
- Actively review open payables against client payments to determine vendor level payment releases.
- Route, code and enter overhead and production invoices directly into financials system, optimizing vendor’s invoice delivery method where necessary.
- Create and maintain W-9 file
- Create, prepare and perform check runs on a weekly basis
- Prepare and process batches for Corporate Card payment programs.
- Research and log vendor credits to ensure proper payments are being made.
- Assist in filing of the company’s 1099s.
- Manage employee expenses
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Ad Hoc projects per requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills
- 3+ years’ experience, preferably in media or agency environment
- Great Plains and Concur experience preferred. Strata experience a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in data entry and management
Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Base Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring