Digital Supervisor, In-Market Digital Performance Strategy
Playa Vista, CA
Performance Strategy – Performance Strategy /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
Are you interested in automotive? Do you like working with the latest technology providers, top websites, and social media platforms? Do you enjoy working with data to solve real-world business challenges in a rapidly evolving digital ecosystem?
If yes, then look no further and join a fun and engaging team where you will help build strategic media plans that deliver performance outcomes! Work with various cross-discipline teams in all phases of the planning process, including research, creation, implementation, and stewardship of media plans and strategies.
The Supervisor actively leads and contributes to the strategic development, creation, execution, and stewardship of client campaigns and associated deliverables on the Hyundai/Genesis In-Market Digital Performance Strategy team. They specialize in digital media planning development, campaign execution, administration, and strategic measurement insights/performance analysis. The Supervisor works directly with the team’s Director to lead day-to-day campaign management and optimizations and helps to guide and mentor Strategists and Associates. They are a steward of information and a resource to help identify insights that inform strategic direction. The Supervisor will often lead individual projects but constantly collaborates with the team on daily stewardship and business needs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain strategic client digital media plans (working collaboratively with multiple groups internally and externally) and lead strategic recommendations with partner creative agencies and across Canvas teams and partners.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the client’s brand and product details, KPIs, etc., and be able to mentor Strategists and Associates on the topics.
- Utilize various research and planning tools to develop strategic planning insights, competitive analysis, and reporting to ensure the client reaches the target audience and other actionable business insights (comScore, IIHS Polk, Mintel, Nielsen, eMarketer, etc.)
- Support the maintenance of media plans with a lens on improving performance.
- Lead and participate in collaborative team brainstorms for strategic planning initiatives.
- Support team in creating media-specific documentation, such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs), media plans, objectives and strategies decks, and other related information
- Develop strategic POVs and recommendations about strategies, technologies, and vendors.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Steward all aspects of planning and execution of campaigns with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Manage tactical components of client media campaigns, such as flowcharts, spreadsheets, deck updates, data pulls, reporting, and budget summaries.
- Take ownership of projects and work independently to create strategic decisions that drive results.
- Work closely with and learn from Social, Search, Programmatic, Analytics, Ad Operations, and Brand / Lifestyle teams; support day-to-day communication.
- Ensure that deadlines are met, including managing expectations internally and client expectations.
- Manage accurate monthly budgets across multiple channels and teams
- Maintain proper documentation so information can be easily retrieved
- Provide oversight, guidance, and mentorship of Strategist and Associate to ensure polished deliverables
- Represent Canvas Worldwide professionally with clients and industry
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business, marketing, or advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Media Strategy or Planning and Media Investment, with a focus on digital channels; agency experience strongly preferred
- Master of Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of research tools (comScore, Kantar, Nielsen, etc.) and ability to analyze data to develop insights and action items
- Proficiency with digital activation and reporting platforms (Prisma, Campaign Manager 360/DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleVerify, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to maintain strong internal, external, and client relationships, communicating with internal managers, vendors, partner agencies, and clients
- Strong presentation skills
- Superior time management skills and ability to follow through; a solid ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility and to effectively communicate priorities to direct reports
- Superb organizational and analytical skills; ability to ensure strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and precision
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, resourcefulness & creative thinking skills to solve business problems
- Proven experience driving projects and campaigns from start to finish
- Eagerness to learn and proactiveness
- Contribute to an open and supportive working environment where opinions, views, and ideas are welcome and shared
$85,000 - $90,000 a year
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring