Director, Search & Social
Playa Vista, CA /
Search & Social – Search & Social /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
We are looking for a Director of Paid Search and Social to be one of the main points on automotive clients.
**Position is required to be in-person 2-3 times per week in the LA office location**
The Director will be a dual role requiring expertise in both paid search and paid social. They will serve as a strategic and passionate leader as well as a key influencer for Canvas’s search and social efforts.
- Act as a strategic leader to the Paid Search and Paid Social team: Responsible for onboarding, training, career development, mentoring, and high-level strategy
- Lead all client interactions including presentations, strategic reviews, work sessions and general meetings
- Work with finance teams to ensure accurate budgets and forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Manage SEM & Paid Social end to end. Multiple accounts and campaigns for both regional and national objectives
- Drive strategic account development and identify areas for improvements and growth
- Provide performance reporting with insights and optimization recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 + years SEM & Paid Social experience in managing large scale, complex paid search and paid social campaigns
- Expert in Google Adwords and Bing Adcenter with Google Adwords certification, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snap, TikTok, YouTube
- Strong knowledge of all relevant platforms and API management platforms, i.e. Facebook/Instagram Bid Manager, Twitter Ads Manager, Snapchat Open API, Pinterest, TikTok etc.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Possess strong leadership experience, preferably in leading teams of 10 or more individual contributors
- Excellent presentation skills utilizing story telling
- Organizationally savvy
- Builds collaborative relationships with peers across the organization
- Demonstration of process development and execution
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of Display Media, SEO, Affiliates, Feeds, Mobile, Social and attribution and influence on Paid Search Activities
Yearly compensation range: $140,000 - $145,000
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring