Digital Media Planner/Strategist, STARZ Brand Strategy
Playa Vista, CA
Brand Strategy – Brand Strategy /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Brand Strategy, this position is responsible for the development of strategic multimedia plans and recommendations, with a focus on digital media. This position will specialize in Digital Media Planning Development, Campaign Execution, Administration, and Performance Analysis. This role requires previous media agency experience (preferably Digital) and can communicate the ins/outs of how to develop/execute a media plan. This position will work closely with an entry level Associate (as a team) to work on various campaigns. Being able to represent yourself in a professional manner is paramount, as this role will be present in many internal and external meetings.
- Create and maintain strategic client media plans (working collaboratively with multiple groups both internally and externally)
- Utilize various systems (iSpot, Kantar, ComScore, eMarketer, Prisma, Campaign Manager 360, Innovid, Double Verify) for competitive analysis, media planning development, and reporting
- Support team in creating media-specific documentation including but not limited to: RFPs, Media Plans (PowerPoint & Excel), Digital Specs, Budget Documents, Creative Tracker, etc
- Organize large volume of data (in Excel) across multiple Media needs (billing, reporting, etc.)
- Analyze proposals and lead partner negotiations
- Support day-to-day communication with key partners: vendors, partner agencies, and clients
- Confidently present media opportunities and discuss media buys with clients and internal teams
- Train assistant-level employees for the support work they perform and also help guide their overall growth and development
- Represent Canvas Worldwide professionally with clients and industry
- Ensure that deadlines are met, including managing expectations internally
- Be proactive: Show interest in constantly learning and growing
- 1-2 years of media strategy and planning in an agency environment required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a concentration in business, marketing or advertising preferred
- Self-starter with proven ability to drive projects from start to finish in a timely manner
- Expert in Microsoft Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook
- Expert in data management (able to organize large volumes of Excel data – Pivot Tables)
- Proficient in planning/execution tools Prisma, Campaign Manager 360 (reporting), Comscore and DoubleVerify
- Possess a strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships (vendor community)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to present in a clear and actionable way
- A collaborative team player who can work independently and as part of a larger team
- Experience in and working knowledge of ad operations (tagging, ad serving, reporting, etc.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and precise
- Will be required to live in LA and work from Playa Vista office a minimum of 2 days/week
Yearly Salary - $65,000
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring