Playa Vista, CA /
Finance – Finance /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
The Accountant will assist in the preparation of the company’s financial statements and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and supports Senior Accounting Analyst to drive all formal financial reporting functions including financial accounting and month-end close supported with internal controls.
- Monitor bank activities daily and follow-up with reconciling items to applicable team members
- Record client payments and vendors refunds and deposit checks as necessary
- Prepare manual sales invoices and follow-up with clients for AR aged invoice for payment
- Approve media and overhead vendor creation and modification in both media billing and accounting systems
- Review corporate credit card transactions with supporting documents and ensure correct GL coding
- Review all expense reimbursement requests in SAP Concur for accuracy and timeliness of payments
- Prepare payroll journal entries and accruals using ADP GL reports and follow-up with HR for discrepancies
- Prepare prepaid expense journal entries for proper periodic expense allocation
- Review fixed asset record for accounting policy compliance and prepare depreciation journal entry
- Prepare accrual and reclass entries as necessary
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Review and perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist in preparing state/local personal property tax returns (571-L)
- Assist in gathering documents for preparing federal company tax return
- Complete and manage census reports on a routine basis
- Comply internal controls in the scope of responsibilities and maintain proper supporting documents for financial and client audit, or other activities
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special assignments, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of working experience in accounting with general ledger and journal entries
- MS Office proficiency is preferred
- Media or similar industry experience is a plus
- Microsoft Dynamic 365 Business Central experience is a plus
- Relevant application experiences are preferred (ex. Concur, Certify, or Media System)
$55,000 - $59,600 a year
Yearly compensation range: $55,000-$59,600
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring