Supervisor, Brand Strategy (Starz)
Playa Vista, CA /
Brand Strategy – Brand Strategy /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
STARZ (owned by Lions Gate Entertainment) has experienced remarkable growth in recent years and transformed into a leading global media streaming platform. Programming on Starz consists of theatrically released motion pictures and first-run original television series. Home of the “Power Universe,” “Outlander,” “P-Valley” and more, Starz focuses on narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. In 2018, Starz launched its Starzplay international premium streaming platform, has since expanded its global footprint into 55 countries.
The Role (USA)
Reporting to Associate Director, the integrated Supervisor manages the Strategists and Associates. The Supervisor works internally across specialty investment groups and analytics teams as well as externally with clients and their creative agency.
The Supervisor, along with Directors are accountable for the work which includes the creation, execution, and stewardship of multi-channel tune-in plans. The work should help generate buzz for the shows being launched, be cost effective, and drive viewership. The plans must be both idea and data led. The Supervisor will plan all channels as well as execute digital site-direct buys. The strategy team will work with separate investment teams for biddable and broadcast media as well as client side paid social. The strategy team will also be responsible for post campaign analysis and insights, working closely with the Canvas analytics teams.
The Supervisor will help develop and lead the client relationship.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on media and marketing recommendations using a holistic media approach
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategic and integrated client media plans and marketing recommendations
- Build plan options that deliver against objectives
- Focus on details, including having strong data/rationale support recommendations
- Have an intimate knowledge of the client’s brand and show details
Digital Planning & Buying
- Create and present media-specific documentation, such as Request for Proposals (RFPs), Digital media plans, Campaign recaps, etc.
- Lead the team in analyzing Digital proposals and partner negotiations
- Monitor and report on media campaigns on an ongoing basis, providing an active voice communicating optimization opportunities and challenges to internal teams, media partners and the client
- Analyze campaigns and recommend strategic and tactical changes to maximize campaign performance
- Supervise the team to ensure data entry in billing system and insertion orders are done correctly and in a timely manner
- Support day-to-day communication with key partners: vendors, creative/partner agencies, and clients
- Work collaboratively with multiple groups both internally and externally (client and creative agency)
- Take the lead on working with Analytics and TV and Programmatic Investment teams
- Manage workflow and process procedures and manage expectations accordingly
Manager & Mentor
- Represent Canvas Worldwide professionally with clients and industry
- Able to direct team and foster an environment for growth and learning
- Ensure that deadlines are met, including managing expectations internally
- Promote and open and supportive working environment where opinions, views, and ideas are welcome and shared
- Ensure the team is informed of broader view of client needs and strategies
- Deliver accurate monthly budgets
- Provide oversight on junior staff to ensure work is 100% error-free
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Entertainment experience desired, with fast paced retail experience a consideration if no entertainment
- Digital planning and buying experience a must
- Solid understanding of interactive research tools such as comScore
- High level proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office products as well as planning tools
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to follow through
- Extremely detail-oriented and precise
- Proven ability to maintain strong internal, external, and client relationships
- Curious minded
$85,000 - $90,000 a year
Yearly Base Compensation Range: $85,000-$90,000
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring