VP, Brand Strategy (Hyundai)
Playa Vista, CA /
Brand Strategy – Brand Strategy /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
Canvas is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Integrated Media Leader to help spearhead the Brand Strategy team for the Hyundai National Brand Strategy Team. VP, Strategy will design and drive the Strategy, planning, and direction across all Brand activity informed by consumer insights, creative thinking, gut instinct, and data. An agency leader and client partner, the VP of Strategy is critical to our client’s success.
- Lead the Brand Strategy and Planning across all core initiatives
- Strategic lead for all Brand efforts across TV, Audio, Outdoor, Digital, Social, and Integrated Partnerships (Extensive work history in all of these is not a requirement, but an understanding of how each of them works and when/how to use them effectively is a must)
- Creation of clear and measurable objectives, strategies, and the approach to deliver on business objectives
- Drive collaboration across all disciplines (Strategy, Investment, Social, Performance Media, Analytics) to create integrated plans that make an impact on customers and deliver on client business objectives
- Leading innovation and progressive planning techniques by testing and learning through new opportunities, partners, and technology
- Capable and skilled in client service and account management
- Active in the industry and community with a high level of knowledge and interest across media trends, opportunities, and the landscape
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in Media Planning / Strategy with a focus on Digital, Social and Integrated Partnerships
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing teams
- Ability to build strong, trust-based relationships with clients, make an impact on their business, and showcase the talent and accomplishments of the entire agency team(s)
- Strong media marketplace knowledge and understanding of what drives the most successful agreements between media partners, clients, and agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional management, organizational, and responsiveness skills
Yearly compensation range: $170,000 - $180,000
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring