Strategist, Brand Strategy- US Hispanic Market
New York, NY /
Brand Strategy – Brand Strategy /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
Reporting to the Supervisor/AMD, Brand Strategy, the Strategist will assist and support the development of strategic multimedia media plans for the national US Hispanic market. Be a steward of information and a resource for research that helps identify insights that inform strategic direction. The Strategist (sometimes referred as Media Planner), will often take the lead on individual projects but always collaborate on daily business needs. The ideal candidate possesses knowledge of the US Hispanic media landscape.
- Collaborate on media and marketing recommendations using a holistic media approach
- Support the creation and maintenance of strategic and integrated client media plans and marketing recommendations
- Utilize research and planning tools to help generate and support insights
- Focus on details, including having strong data/rationale support recommendations
- Have an intimate knowledge of the client’s brand and product details
- Be proactive: Show interest in constantly learning and growing, staying on top of consumer and media trends
- Work collaboratively with multiple groups both internally and externally (collaborative groups include consumer strategy, client and various partner agencies)
- Manage workflow and process procedures are followed and manage expectations accordingly
- Represent Canvas Worldwide professionally with clients and industry
- Ensure that deadlines are met, including managing expectations internally
- Manage accurate monthly budgets in conjunction with the team lead and investment teams
- Provide oversight of Assistant Media Planner to ensure work is 100% error-free
- Maintain proper documentation so information can be easily retrieved
- Collaborate on POVs when necessary
- US Hispanic/Multicultural advertising experience
- High level proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office products as well as planning tools such as MediaTools, Mintel, Simmons, and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate to internal managers and clients
- Proven ability to drive projects from start to finish
- Possess a strong and proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility and communicate priorities to direct reports
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to follow through
- Extremely detail-oriented and precise
- Proven ability to maintain strong internal, external, and client relationships
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in Media Strategy or Planning
- Experience across media channels is preferred
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position
- Previous experience in quick-service restaurant (QSR) is a plus
$65,000 - $70,000 a year
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring