Associate, Budget Analyst [Brand Strategy]
Playa Vista, CA /
Brand Strategy – Brand Strategy /
Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named “Most Innovative Agency” by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz and McDonald’s (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
Assist in managing our clients’ budgets and oversee their implementation. Prepare financial documents and reports for internal and external uses. The ideal candidate will combine excellent skills with numbers with the ability to analyze and present this complex data.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts monthly analysis of expenses, comparing actual performance to budget on a monthly/annual basis and resolves questionable items and anomalies.
- Work cross-functionally to help align teams on budget, ad-hoc requests, and projects
- Prepare monthly budget variance reporting, including identifying trends and areas of concern
- Maintain, design, administrate, and improve budgeting tools, processes, and reports
- Assist with adoption, deployment, and training for new agency projects and tasks
- Prepare ad-hoc spending reports as requested
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in finance, accounting, business administration, or similar
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, charts, formulas); Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau) experience preferred; Excel VBA & PowerQuery experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand and manipulate large quantities of data
- Self-starter with proven ability to drive projects from start to finish in a timely manner
- Must be capable of working independently while managing and prioritizing numerous projects
- Ability to build and maintain strong interagency relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
Salary and Benefits
Actual base salary is determined upon factors such as experience, qualifications, training, certifications, and internal equity. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Base salary is part of a total rewards package that includes highly competitive benefits like generous medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, commuter benefits, disability and life insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, up to 14 holidays per year, a “Do Good Day,” and unlimited PTO.
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide practices Fair Chance Hiring