Full - Time Remote
Capchase is a growth stage startup on a mission to automate everything that touches a $ for the $500B+ recurring revenue industry. To carry out this mission, we've received $400M+ in funding from some of the best VCs in the space like Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square), SciFI (Stripe, Brex), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable) and QED (Nubank, Klarna).
We pursue simple ideas with ruthless execution: in a bit over a year, we’ve pushed to market three innovative products to automate non-dilutive financing (Grow), expense management (Extend) and treasury (Earn) - three pillars to any company’s FinOps. Over the last 12 months (and we’re only 18 months old!) we’ve achieved several milestones:
💰 $1.6bn made available to founders
🏃🏽♀️ 5,000+ months of additional runway generated
🙌🏽 106 Capchasers (up from 16 last year) in 12 cities around the world
🌎 Operating in 11 geographies
📈 2,300% annual growth
Built an awesome culture.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Risk Associate to continue building the world's best fintech risk team. As a Risk Associate, you will report to the Head of Risk, and will be responsible for shaping the credit policy, developing strategies to grow the portfolio in a risk-sensitive manner, and testing hypotheses using data analysis. You will also collaborate very closely with the data science team to quickly and iteratively evolve our predictive capabilities.
You'll work alongside exceptional professionals. The Risk team at Capchase is responsible for underwriting, pricing and portfolio monitoring while being supported by an incredibly talented Data Science team.
🚀 The Job
- You will be a critical part of the risk team at Capchase. Tired of being a sheep in the flock? Well, as Morpheus put it in Matrix - it's time to choose which pill you want to take - the red or the blue one.
- You will support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of credit trends to historical behavior, and testing hypotheses using business, data and statistical analysis.
- You will have a deep and intuitive understanding of credit risk, and develop approaches to mitigate losses, responsibly grow revenue, and monitor performance of strategies and portfolios.
- You will perform analytics to assist in underwriting, improve our ability to assess risk, and increase efficiency through automation.
- You will work collaboratively with data science to design new risk and valuation models and build new tools by preparing datasets, providing business insights and ensuring that the models can be leveraged in the credit policy. The goal is to collaborate to harness the power of data and combine it with your credit risk expertise to build lending products that will change the way recurring revenue companies think about their financial decisions.
- You will come up with alternative, less orthodox ways of looking at risk, that allow us to underwrite faster and more accurately. Consistent and structured approaches shouldn't necessarily be at odds with thinking outside the box. We want you to be critical.
- You will collaborate with the Go to Market team bringing the learnings from the discovery process to drive origination within our risk appetite. Unlike other organisations, the Go to Market and Risk teams at Capchase are not pulling in opposite directions.
🧠 The Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject (Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics/Physics, Business, etc.).
- 3+ years’ experience with financial services/risk.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience working with technical teams composed of data scientists, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience using SQL, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Extremely eager to learn and to constantly improve the underwriting process.
💡 Extra Credit
- Experience using Python, and Linear / Logistic Regression and/or other statistical techniques.
- Experience analysing SaaS/recurring revenue companies.
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics and business model.
📊 Useful Info
- We have offices in central Manhattan, NYC, Madrid and Barcelona in Spain, and London, UK, or you can work remotely if you prefer.
- Stock options – we want everyone to be a part of the company.
- Benefits: 401k match and generous medical/dental/vision coverage (if applicable), workout classes, free snacks, unlimited vacations, learning budget, frequent offsites, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.