Enterprise Account Executive-Insurance
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player who’s curious by nature, relentless hunter, savvy negotiator, and carries a consistent track record of sales over-achievement within the insurance market.
The Enterprise Account Executive (EAE) is responsible for developing and closing new business within a geographic territory or via assigned accounts. This individual will conduct business from their virtual office and travel to customer/prospect locations, when necessary. Their chief function is to bring Cape Analytics to insurance companies within a defined geographic territory, quarterbacking deals from start to finish.
This EAE will acquire new customers and sell additional products and services into existing accounts. Ultimately, the EAE is accountable for exceeding quarterly/annual quota, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal team. Strong cross-functional teamwork and proven success engaging various pre/post sales resources required; Data Analytics, Customer Solutions, Engineering, and Legal.
Position carries highly competitive salary, commission, and stock options structures that reward your efforts monetarily with career growth opportunities readily available based on personal achievement.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to AVP of Sales.
What You'll Do:
- Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals & objectives through achieving & exceeding individual sales quota.
- Qualify sales opportunities based on Cape’s sales methodology & metrics, to include customer fit and success criteria;
- Build account plans, organization charts, and strategies for each target account.
- Effectively leverage internal resources (Senior Executives, Data Engineering, Product, Legal, etc.) in Sales Engagements.
- Uncover needs and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders within the assigned accounts across various lines of business such as: Underwriting, Operations, Analytics, IT, and Procurement.
- Develop, strategize, negotiate and close business.
- Consistently seek new business opportunities by presenting, recommending and upselling new Cape products and services.
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools.
- 5 - 10 year technology sales experience (data analytics preferred).
- 5+ years within or servicing the insurance market.
- 3+ years Enterprise sales experience (F1000).
- Stability – Proven history of being a consistent, top performer.
- Highest level of professional courtesy, mutual respect, and ethics.
- High standard of excellence, professionalism, and role model behavior.
- Proficiency in the understanding of insurance carrier processes.
- Ability to critically think through creative solutions to speed the sales cycles.
- Interaction with senior executives across multiple industries.
- Sell value and ROI into C-Level as well as sell into LOB.
- Align Cape solutions with a customer’s strategic objectives.
- Manage multiple concurrent sales cycles effectively.
- Strong executive communication skills.
- Strong sales presentation skills.
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***