Senior Back-End Engineer
Munich, Germany /
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
Cape Analytics uses machine learning on aerial imagery to characterize property risk and value.
Our engineers work with geospatial data at scale, applying machine learning to solve real problems for the insurance industry. As a backend engineer, you’ll create services handling hundreds of requests per second with low latency and high availability. You will collaborate closely with our data scientists, incorporating their models into production ready features. You’ll work together with product managers to build things that matter.
Cape Analytics is a growing company with varied, tough, and interesting technical challenges waiting to be tackled. Join us!
- Design and implement extensible applications and frameworks for customers and internal customers
- Work directly with the Product team to analyze business problems to design innovative solutions to respond quickly to customer needs
- Participate in design discussions and serve as a senior resource for development across Cape’s software stack
- Perform code reviews and analysis
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Develop and execute unit tests
- Assist Customer Operations and customers with software issues
- Evaluate new technologies and tools needed / that could be introduced into tech stack; and
- Work closely with data science, machine learning, and product teams to ensure successful development and timely delivery of new features.
Skills / Requirements:
- 4+ years experience working in a dynamic technical environment, including experience building features across the tech stack. You have designed, developed and deployed feature-sets and put them in the hands of customers with high quality and uptime.
- Strong Architecture skills: languages and stacks may change, but design skills endure. You thrive on coding solutions that solve today’s problems and that can be scaled and extended quickly in the future.
- Parallel and distributed programming experience and a solid understanding of underlying concepts. Multi threading, multi processing, and distributing work across clusters are part of the daily work at Cape Analytics.
- Able to write performant code. You have a holistic understanding of how hardware, the operating system, and software impact performance.
- Python experience or a willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***