Talent Acquisition Manager (Seasoned Tech Recruiter)
Mountain View, CA /
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
Cape Analytics is looking to hire a recruiter to be an extension of the existing awesome team and help craft the story of the company as well as build the entire process from scratch as needed to create efficiencies while fulfilling the company’s workforce plan needs. The recruiting process here is more like an all-encompassing sales mission than the rote processing of matching resumes to requirements.
You have to be passionate about building the actual company and scaling the team. That means you need to care about everything from employer branding (how talent thinks about our company) to the entire recruiting process, from first touch point to close.
What you will do - Own the complete planning & recruitment process, be our employment brand ambassador
- Consult with hiring managers to understand the requirements, duties, and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s).
- Collect and analyze data in partnership with the HR Lead to maintain current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in particular fields.
- Consult data and records to identify and select potential candidates for vacant positions.
- Screen candidates, select qualified and interested candidates for the interviewing phase, and then connect viable candidates with the hiring managers.
- Check candidates references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Counsel candidates on the interview and hiring process.
- Organize and attend job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities.
- Follow up with hiring managers after the interview process to determine whether a placement can be made; collect feedback when placement is unsuccessful.
- Arrange/coordinate interview schedules, locations etc.
- for applicants, various interview panel members and hiring managers as needed and in a seamless manner.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- As our in house recruiter you are vital to the success of our high-growth environment. You will serve as the Cape’s gatekeeper and are directly responsible for an entire team’s professional growth, cohesion, and development. Every hire impacts the overall direction and every employee has to take on loads of responsibility. It’s this “get stuff done” attitude that differentiates Cape from larger companies. Guaranteeing every hire can handle that commitment and ensuring the team grows in the right ways is your most important task. You understand the weight of that responsibility and see every hire as an opportunity to make the team even better than it was the day before.
- A proven sense of ownership when it comes to all things related to executing the company’s workforce plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with aptitude in conducting interviews.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding of concepts like employer branding principles, competitive advantage and leveraging this knowledge to find great candidates.
- Thorough understanding of EEO, ADA, and other related employment laws and guidelines.
- Ability to create, analyze and explain metrics for driving recruitment initiatives, evaluating success and monitoring the effectiveness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, several different ATS, Lever experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required, in one of the following fields preferred: Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related.
- Overall recruiting experience of 5 years or more.
- At least two years of experience required in an IT organization similar to Cape.
- SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Contextualize and understand the landscape of the company, its needs, capabilities, and all headcount needs per the current hiring plan.
- Align everything from social media to our career site to reflect the brand Cape wishes to portray as an employer.
- Candidates should be able to see our company values, understand our culture and the type of work we do from basic research of our company.
- In the first thirty days, you will step out of a recruiting mindset and instead, learn about roles at the organization.
- Sit in on meetings with different departments, and read up on departmental information. Draft an engaging employer brand pitch for attracting the right kind of talent.
Within 3 months you will…
- Will have a deep level grasp of our organization’s expectations that will help you to speed up sourcing, communicating with candidates and extending offers.
- You will have created efficiencies across the recruitment life cycle for optimal effectiveness that will be clearly visible to stakeholders.
- You should by this point be leveraging your learnings of our company culture and technology to quickly become a company expert in terms of “all things recruitment”. You will have closed at least four critical job vacancies by this point.
Within 6 months you will…
- Be an important ambassador of Cape culture for all talent related endeavors and successfully closing two to three vacancies per month.
- You will be able to educate and keep current all department heads on recruitment metrics and forecasting for future headcount planning.
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***