Product Manager, Real Estate Analytics
Mountain View, CA /
A BIT ABOUT US
Cape Analytics illuminates our built environment to better shape and protect it. We use machine learning and computer vision to extract insights from geospatial imagery and other unstructured data sources so that our customers can make better decisions about how they finance, protect, purchase, and repair the properties in which we live and work.
Cape has just launched a new real estate business unit focused on delivering AI-powered property intelligence to real estate and loan investors, lenders, and others exposed to underlying mortgage collateral. These new real estate solutions build on the success of our market-leading offering for property insurance, which has become an underwriting cornerstone for over 40 insurers.
As Product Manager for Cape’s real estate vertical, you will drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution of the real estate product line. You will partner with Cape’s real estate business development team to deeply understand our customers’ workflows and pain points and to identify opportunities for new solutions, leveraging our team’s deep experience with real estate investors, lenders, and capital markets. Distilling market knowledge and customer feedback, you will chart a course for the new real estate product line. In parallel, you will work with an incredible team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and software engineers to design and conduct data experiments and to prototype, develop, and ship new data and analytics products.
Cape’s real estate business is new, but you will not be starting from scratch: Over the past 5 years, to power our insurance business, Cape has built a living database of property attributes for nearly every home across the United States with years of historical data. We’ve also built a scalable “data factory” which can mine imagery and other unstructured data for a new attribute you define, converting it into hundreds of millions of new data points in ridiculously quick succession. With an all-star team, enterprise-grade technology, and a wide open market, you’ll have an opportunity to build something huge.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Learn Cape’s near- and long-term objectives in the real estate vertical and how we’re building on the success of our growth-stage insurance business.
- Spend time with Cape’s insurance product managers to learn about our product offering for property insurance and how it generates ROI in carrier workflows.
- Work with the real estate business development team and join calls with real estate customers, prospects, and partners to develop a baseline understanding of their businesses and where Cape fits.
- Get to know the data scientists and engineers you’ll work with to build out the real estate product line through 1:1s and by sitting in on team and project meetings.
- Learn about the technologies, systems, processes, and tools that power Cape’s data product pipeline, including how they’re deployed today and how they could be deployed towards the new real estate product line.
- Document Cape’s real estate customer personas and their critical workflows, knowing that these will evolve as you continue to learn more.
- Form an initial view on the direction of the real estate product line and draft/outline a product strategy that aligns with Cape’s real estate business objectives.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Interview Cape’s real estate customers to collect product feedback and identify opportunities to improve product utility.
- Produce a product roadmap, incorporating your customer knowledge, the deep market knowledge of our business development team, and concepts you’ve developed with the development teams.
- Write product requirements documents for the top of the backlog to align all internal stakeholders on the problem, solution, requirements, market opportunity, success metrics, and path forward.
- Partner with data science and engineering teams to design and conduct data experiments and to execute against the product roadmap, iteratively managing, simplifying, and prioritizing requirements to move the ball forward.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Launch several new products into the real estate product line, coordinating across engineering, customer success, sales, marketing, finance, and legal to drive each successful product launch.
- Continue to coordinate with these same teams to monitor, measure, and ensure your products’ success in the market.
- Manage a range of products at various stages of design, development, and deployment.
- Identify and evaluate new structured and unstructured data sources as potential inputs to real estate analytics products, working with business development to prioritize and form product partnerships.
- Team with other PMs to constantly improve product management at Cape and to drive long-term product strategy within and across Cape’s vertical markets.
THE SKILL SET
- Track record of success building and shipping enterprise products or working with business managers to implement new solutions and/or optimize existing workflows
- Depth of knowledge in some aspect of the real estate industry, which could include one or more of the following: property valuation, appraisals/underwriting, mortgage analytics, real estate and mortgage capital markets, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to form complex strategies and drive successful execution by partnering with and influencing stakeholders across engineering and sales teams
- Deep empathy with our customers and an insatiable curiosity about their businesses and critical workflows
- Demonstrated data literacy, including knowledge of fundamental concepts in data science and machine learning or a track record of learning and applying new technologies
- Thrives in ambiguity with a hunger for driving impact in a fast-moving environment
You will join a growing team of product managers with years of experience building and shipping data and analytics products to enterprise customers. Cape’s PM team is vertically-focused with a PM covering the full range from market-facing product strategy to agile development execution for each vertical. PMs work across the organization, teaming in the market with our direct enterprise sales and customer success teams with solid industry expertise and in product development with PhD data scientists, machine learning engineers, and full stack software developers based in Mountain View, CA and Munich, Germany.
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***