Sr. Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
We’re looking for strong, thoughtful full-stack engineers that can build extensible, robust
systems quickly with experience working in a professional engineering environment. We have
a breadth of different systems, ranging from client-facing web-apps to our highly-scalable,
fast, deep-learning pipeline. We leverage AWS, Rails, C++, Tensorflow, Postgres and much more to
develop and deliver our products.
What You'll Do:
- Design and Implement software all across the stack, from Server Management, to backend systems, to front-end user interfaces
- Build and manage tools for our clients as well as for our own Deep-learning applications
- Work with the Product/business teams to take high-level tasks and transform them into shippable software.
- Experience: 3+ years experience building software in a professional environment. You know what it means to put software into the hands of someone else and you have the ability to deliver
- Strong Architecture skills: The language and stack may change, but high-quality code does not. You thrive on not only coding solutions that solve today’s problems, but can be scaled and extended quickly
- Self-starter: You enjoy working out problems and can translate high-level tasks and guidance into tested, readable, high-quality code
- Fast Learner: We use whatever technology fits the task, not creating tasks that fit the technology. You should be able to learn new languages/tech-stacks and apply them effectively
- Team Player: You want others to succeed just as much as you want to yourself and enjoy working in a collaborative environment; working across domains to solve complex, large-scale problems
- Experience scaling software across 100+ machines while maintaining performance
- Experience with testing frameworks across the stack.
- Experience with GIS systems
Nice to haves:
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***